Covid-19 vaccination bus is back on the road
The local NHS and Liverpool City Council are teaming up with Arriva once again to bring the NHS Covid-19 vaccination bus back onto the streets of Liverpool.
Last year, the city’s vaccination busprovided48 community outreach events across 18 different locations and saw over 10,000 people vaccinated on board – many of whom would not have been vaccinated otherwise.
A decision was taken to temporarily retire the bus during the winter months, but with the days now getting lighter and warmer it will be hitting the road once again over the coming weeks, particularly in areas of the city where vaccine take-up has been lower.
The bus will be making the following stops during February and March:
- 12 & 13 February – Anfield Sports & Community Centre, L6 0AG
- 19 February – Anglican Cathedral, St James Mount, L1 7AZ*
- 26 & 27 February – Williamson Square, City Centre
- 5 & 6 March – Old Bus Terminal, The Orient Hotel, L24 2SX
- 12 & 13 March – Newsham Park (by St Francis of Assisi), L6 7UN
First, second and booster doses of the Covid-19 vaccine will be available on the bus for anyone aged 12 or over – which means that parents and kids can get vaccinated together over half term too.
The session will be staffed by clinicians from Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (LUHFT) and will run between 10am – 4pm*. No appointment is needed – just turn up.Although please note that queues may sometimes close slightly earlier than advertised based on vaccine availability.
If the vaccination bus doesn’t offer a convenient location for you, there are also a range of other local drop-in clinics happening daily across the city. You can find them here: www.liverpoolccg.nhs.uk/drop-in-vaccination
Alternatively, pre-bookable appointments can be made online at: www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or by calling 119.
If you are eligible for vaccination but have concerns about getting vaccinated, please speak to your GP or talk to one of the bus vaccination team for advice.
For more information on getting your COVID-19 vaccine or booster, please visit: www.liverpoolccg.nhs.uk
* Unfortunately we have had to make the decision to cancel the visit of the vaccination bus to the Cathedral on Sunday 20 February due to the predicted weather conditions. Please note that the bus will still be attending the Cathedral on Saturday 19 February as originally planned.
Content provided by One Liverpool, a partnership of local health and care organisations working together to support a healthier, happier and fairer Liverpool for all.
Published on Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:29:45 GMT
Modified on Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:48:57 GMT