Get involved with a local 5k Your Way Parkrun event.
We’re inviting anyone who is living with or beyond cancer, families, friends and those working in cancer services to walk, jog, run, cheer or volunteer at a local 5k Your Way Parkrun event.
All ages and abilities are encouraged and welcome. Lots of us will be walking. Do as little or as much as you want, there is no need to walk the whole 5k.
When: On the last Saturday of every month, 9am start
Where: Table tennis tables next to the children's play area at Princes Park, Liverpool L8 3SB at 8.45am for 9am start.
How: Register with us here: www.5kyourway.org/register and with Parkrun to get your barcode. It’s free!
The benefits of physical activity for cancer patients include:
- Reduces cancer fatigue
- Helps to preserve cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness
- May reduce chemotherapy side effects
- Improves psychological well-being and reduces anxiety
- May reduce risk of cancer recurrence and prolong survival
- But most importantly, it’s social and it’s fun!
Content provided by One Liverpool, a partnership of local health and care organisations working together to support a healthier, happier and fairer Liverpool for all.
Published on Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:44:55 GMT
Modified on Fri, 29 Oct 2021 13:01:57 GMT